Monday, March 12, 2012

Love of Post-it Notes

Until a few years ago, you would surprise me with Post-it notes of your love and admiration placed on the bathroom mirror, on my pillow, sometimes in my lunch. The sight of your passionate messages always made my day.

All of that is in the past now. Lately you've only left messages when you want something done, or not done.

"Please don’t put the milk in the top shelf." I understand. I certainly don't want the milk to be upset and pout because it didn't get top position in the refrigerator. But if we give milk its way all of the time, won't it get spoiled?

"Please leave the TV on for the cat." Yes, of course. When your cat awakes after spending most of its day in the other side the house away from the TV, we certainly don't want her to miss the melodrama of the daily soap operas. I guess she doesn't get enough from when we are at home.

Out of curiosity, I left a note reminding everyone to take off their shoes at the door. For almost 10 years, you thought this guideline was a great way to keep the house little cleaner for us and for company. Yet during the past few months, you decided to not respect this little wish. So I left my little note to see what would happen. As I expected, you became incensed when you found my written words. How dare I do such a thing as tacked up a gentle request!

I see where this relationship is going. It's as though your sticky notes of love have lost their adhesion to my heart. Your continual claims of love are becoming more like empty sounds as your actions do less and less to prove your words. Here's note: while you're playing on the computer, start looking for an apartment - try zillow.com instead farmville.

No comments:

Post a Comment