Saturday, September 8, 2012

Love and The Moves

A lot changed during the last few weeks. "A lot" is an understatement for the moves we made these past weeks.

Last month we moved over a thousand dollars out of my bank account and into the waiting hands of your new landlord.

With a little more of my savings, we rented a U-Haul and moved some of your possessions into your new home.

Over the next couple of weekends, we moved all of your stuff - boxes of your papers and memories and tons of goodies - out of storage. One sunny weekend, I rented another U-haul truck. The next weekend, rainy and cold, I rented a truck from Enterprise.

Where did we put your boxes and boxes of stuff? In my house so you can have that yard sales - the one you been planning for the past six years.

One possession you haven't taken is your cat. I ran out of money for the $350 pet deposit. For now, I'll care and feed and scoop her litter box offerings.

What else has moved? A lot of pressure. I come home now after a long, stressful day to a relaxing atmosphere. Fixing dinner is no longer an ordeal of who will eat what. Deciding what I have to get done after dinner is much easier.

I miss you. But I don't miss your sour moods. I don't miss your complaining about what everyone else isn't doing.

You tell me that you worry about becoming "out of sight, out of mind": That I'll forget about you. I don't think you'll let that happen. And I don't intend for you to disappear from my life. We're simply living in separate houses so you can get back to your sweet, happy self. And I can rekindle my love for you. How can I forget about you?

Besides, I still have your cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment